BorgWarner is a global product leader in automotive propulsion systems. We focus on developing leading propulsion Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Our facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
We operate in two groups: The Engine Group develops air management strategies and products to optimize engines for fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and enhanced performance. BorgWarner’s expertise includes engine timing systems, boosting systems, ignition systems, air and noise management, cooling and controls. The Drivetrain Group harnesses a legacy of more than 100 years as an industry innovator in transmission and all-wheel drive technology. The group leverages this understanding of powertrain clutching technology to develop interactive control systems and strategies for all types of torque management and rotating electrics technology supporting BorgWarner’s leadership position of supplying clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for a structured, dynamic and results driven individual to join as a Cost Estimator at our production plant in Landskrona, Sweden. The Cost Estimator will primarily support BW PDS Europe estimates for products with intended production in Landskrona, Sweden or in Oroszlany, Hungary.
The Cost Estimator will have responsibility for identifying and detailing estimated costs for “Bill of Materials” representing the purchased components of the product cost model. Ensure estimations are being based on the latest known competitive intelligence while working within a multi-functional environment to ensure estimates are completed in a timely manner.
- Development of cost estimates with detailed drawings and/or limited concepts with high confidence to meet Program Team’s expectations.
- Maintain overall accountability for estimates submitted.
- Build estimations from the ground up based upon knowledge of manufacturing processes and commodities to include cost development for raw materials, machining rates, and other processing costs to ensure consistent accuracy of work.
- Must be able to cultivate relationships for collaboration with Purchasing, Engineering Sales, and the manufacturing locations.
- Participate in Competitor Benchmarking / Tear down activities, utilizing the Estimating Process as required.
- Be able to fully explain estimate assumptions to all organizational levels and back up with supporting detail.
- Continually look for ways to improve the Cost Estimating Process.
- Ability to prioritize multiple estimate requests quickly and accurately.
- Key player in establishing estimated purchased pricing for New Business Quotes with a range of Customers.
- Must be self-motivated/directed. Required to determine most, if not all, own priorities. Requires minimal management input to achieve objectives. Must uphold the highest code of ethics and values consistent with company expectation.
- Recognized as subject matter expert in one or more processes or commodities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Accounting/Finance is required.
- 5+ years estimating experience working in an automotive production/manufacturing environment
- Experience with cost estimating for electrical motors/electronics.
- Experience using a cost estimating software program.
- Ability to convey/train knowledge to others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – position interacts with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Web-based Intranet Systems and other MRP systems; background in SAP desirable, but not required.
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE?
If you have any questions or want additional information you are welcome to contact Pernilla Borgström, SpottingMe, (+46) 0734-15 98 55. Does the position meet YOUR profile and personal ambitions? If so, please register your application.
Does this sound like a person YOU know? Recommend them directly thru Recommend or by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s your candidate who gets recruited, then the finders fee is yours!